Painting MIL's Fascia

I found out later it wasn't the gutters I was supposed to pain. I don't know what you call these here but in Singapore we usually call them fascia and the projects I was dealing with only involved aluminium or glass panels as fascia.


Whatever it is, the job has to be done. Well, I wasn't feeling that great because there was a hemorrhoid problem acting up. So sitting on hot tiles on the roof where part of the fascia goes to wasn't exactly my idea of spending a nice Easter holiday but like I said, the job had to be done so I turned up.


I walked into Bunnings and saw every staff wearing bunny ears hand bands. I even spotted an elderly female staff hopping around like a rabbit. Aussies really get into things when they do, don't they? There was free flow Hot-crossed buns, I would have eaten a whole pack if it was a normal day because I am ... well Singaporean. However I was on a diet so I didn't touch any. What a sin for a Singaporean to commit. This is the kind of thing that makes Christ rise from his grave in anger.


I painted fascia all around the house and finished the job by lunch time. (only to know I have missed one area after a few days and had to go back to finish up) I thought I would paint the wooden side gate as well. It seemed like a fast and easy job at first because I was painting the front face. Once I went on to the back of the door, I found the bracing components annoying like fuck. However, I did a pretty good job. MIL couldn't complain. It is already mid Autumn by now. I better keep going before Winter comes.

  • watch a sunrise
  • intensively slim down for Winter (ongoing)
  • touch up the minor paint work issues around the house
  • help the MIL paint her gutters
  • erect a garden rack for MIL
  • complete the uncompleted paver areas around the side gate
  • address the mess in the garage once and for all
  • install shelving and racks in the house (ongoing, done one)
  • get a large wardrobe for the wife
  • engage M as my interior designer to spice up the house (Jen taking over)
  • teach Albany how to cycle and swim
  • paint the planter box in front
  • convert the front verge into a dry garden

No comments:

Post a Comment