Why am I here?

I love my wife.


She is my everything.


She is carrying my child and all 3 of us will fight on, regardless how baby turns out.


She agreed not to dye or treat her hair despite its condition for the baby inside her, to ensure harmful chemicals do not get into the body.  How many Singaporean ladies of today is willing to do so?


She is my torch, my light house and my flame. Without her fueling me, I live but without a purpose in life.


I have always been pessimistic, gloomy, grumpy and grouchy. Still probably.  Jen has been a polar opposite of me, mostly positive ways.  With her, we work as a team. Her complementing my weaknesses. When I am rash, she calms me down. When I am moving too fast, she points out the traps. She matures a lot. I grew old but I didn't grow up. I wonder if the baby could help in that. I suspect so.


She loves Perth. It is her dream to live and work here.  To be honest, I have never achieved my dreams in life.  I am not sure which is applicable, either I set my goals too high, overestimated my capabilities, too unmotivated to achieve them, lack the personality to succeed or simply unlucky till date.


Lately I added a goal to the list. If I couldn't achieve my goals, maybe I can help Jen achieve hers.  After all, what is the point of living a life which looks like this:


Study like fuck -> grad -> get fucked in the army -> study again or get fucked at work -> fall in love at this stage or earlier -> hair loss due to wedding plans -> get married, sometimes with debt -> get a hdb flat at this stage or earlier but not that early and get in more debt -> more hair loss due to house reno, sometimes with even more debt -> move in, extremely happiness which last 1 week and more hair loss due to bills -> have a kid or two -> finally lost all hair raising the kids -> get old -> die


I guess when one bites the dust, friends gather to moan and groan a bit and that's it. Life goes on for them. Life goes on for life.  Come to think of it, it probably doesn't even matter if one goes through life with or without achieving goals. Or it can be a goal to live life without achieving goals.  At the end of the day it's all about personal choice.


Maybe the true purpose of life is to live life with as many happy days as possible. Maybe we should chart it out and see if it helps to unknowingly steer us to achieve more smiley faces in the process. I have 4 couples of friends getting married within this period. 2 of them seem happy and eager and the other 2 perhaps not so. I wish them all a blissful and happy wedding.


An old trick question thrown at guys : If your mother and your wife jump into deep waters, who will you rescue?  It's a no-win question.  Assuming you stick by the rules and could only choose one and leave out creative answers, you are either filial and heartless or .. well either way you are a heartless bastard.


If I am allowed a creative answer, I offer a serious one.  Any guy should jump into the water to save his wife.  So who will save my mother?  My father should had, long ago.  Alas my father is the type who will save his mother and let his wife drown.  Mum, just wait for me. I will not let you drown.

10 comments:

  1. Bro, u share the same sentiment as me 100%!!! haiz that's life... I've been thru shit like u does... I seriously share the shit u been through. Whatever we had now will not be there forever. All we want is happiness... but no $$$ very tough... at a lost at time... Now that u are away... For a change of environment... It is not a bad thing afterall! I'm happy for u... New life new start! It will change your philosophy. Captured all these memory that will be a valuable one. Take great care of mum & baby....

    Foo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Foo,

    It's only in times like this real friends surface. Thanks for your help for the luggage. If you realised you are the first person to leave a comment here too. LOL.

    Please keep in contact and update me how you are doing regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this very much...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the part about the mom and wife drowning part lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @derek: honored to have your comment here. thank you man

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi,
    i enjoyed reading this and had a good laught at the 'have a kid or two -> finally lost all hair raising the kids' bit cause it reminded me of my PaPa A LOT ;p
    perhaps i should send him a toupée....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just discover your blog, love it! I will be back! We left Malaysia for NZ. Regards -CY http://cyleow.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your last para resonated with me deeply. I have a dream to move to Australia too, alas my man chose his mother and left me alone with my dreams. Which visa did you get in the end? The Subclass 176? Did you go through an agent? I am a poly lecturer, but none of the things I teach fall into the skills category that Australia needs... :( Thanks for reading.. Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too late. You can still apply before you hit 45. You can go first. As long as ur hubby makes an initial entry , he can join u in 3 years time. Yet fulfill his duty or convince his mother to go ... Perhaps. Hope u get to live ur dreams. We live only once .

      Delete
  9. I like this post. But do you still mean every word in this post?

    ReplyDelete