Dragons of the Spring Dawn


It is Spring in Perth. Spring is where flowers spring out of nowhere, everywhere. I couldn't stop noticing the flowers when I had a my second jog this evening. I told Joanna about it. She was oblivious about it. She told me she was the polar opposite of a green thumb. What do we call this group of people? Black thumb? Heh.

Lavenders growing in many yards everywhere
















I am not a green thumb myself. My mum had a strong influence on me about appreciating greens. Or should I say I was more curious to find out what she was up to instead when she plodded around the pots and plants outside our HDB flat.

She would have love to see these lavenders, smell them and caress them. I used to find it amusing and sometimes annoying she used to stop by the street to gush about 'some flowers' or 'weeds', halting our steps. Things changed. Maybe I grew old.

My mum will probably love these too, flowery stuff unknown to both of us.

She had toiled for all her life. It is the time she should take a break and literally smell the flowers. It's all up to her. If she is willing, I'll break my back for her just as she did for me.
There is something about wounds. I didn't get a cut. It started as a crack due to dry skin during my second day here and it was never deep enough to see flesh.

I do cooking and washing everyday. I have no qualms about it. These are very small tasks I love to do for Jen and the baby. When I looked at my skin crack, now upgraded to a cut, it reminds me of emotional heart breaks. If one never allows a wound the time to heal, the wound will simply widen and bleed more.

A human body is designed to self heal, probably including emotional wounds. Although sometimes scars could remain after a heal, it would only serve as a reminder of a bad lesson without the function to cause hurt and bleeding anymore.  Perhaps a wound is like a seed. Disturb it and it will never sprout. When we leave it alone in the right conditions and wait long enough we will see the dawning of Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment